Last december US discount retailer Target sold an exclusive version of John Williams’ The Force Awakens score. And when I was asked to create custom covers in the same style for the rest of the saga, well, I couldn’t say no. But first I had to recreate the Target cover to get rid of that ugly sticker. Also, to prepare a template for the remaining six covers.
This request came right in the middle of working on another series, but I figured a little change won’t hurt. It keeps your creative spark on fire. So I was happily changing texts and titles and was already about to upload the covers, when I realised that every cover is meant to feature different characters within the logo. d’oh!
It took me half a day to find appropriate (and large enough) posters which I could use to cut out important characters or scenes. This whole thing was far more demanding than I had thought in the first place. And that’s also the reason why I devoted a separate post to it.